Search

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Who's on First

Ok first things first...  In my last post I noted a little nervousness about being classified a "temporary" teacher and not yet knowing if my job was actually mine for next year.  Well I heard today that I am on for another year.  Relieved.

Tonight we were watching the SF Giants game and my daughter kept asking "Who's on first?"  Well being the annoying parents we are, we definitely had to torture her a little bit.  Ok, quite a bit...  If you don't know what I am talking about check out the Abbott and Costello Who's on First routine.  I will guarantee you will be entertained.

Of course about half way through I got to thinking... That's how the kids who are struggling must feel.  They think they understand what is going on, but really don't.  We try to explain it again, they think they understand, they have that ah ha moment only to be let down when they find out they really don't get it...

Why is this important???  It is testing season...  The year feels like it is beginning to wrap up (but it's not)...  It just put back in my head that we need to make every effort to find that thing that helps each student "get it"

No comments:

Post a Comment